If you use FARO Zone software for forensic investigations, security, or pre-incident planning, you probably need to share your results with others. The FARO Zone Viewer is the perfect sharing tool, and it is FREE.
If you work with someone who uses FARO Zone and they sent you a file with the extension .far, you may be wondering what to do with it. Just download and install the FARO Zone Viewer, then use it to open any .far or .fzpc file.
The FARO Zone Viewer is only used to display FARO Zone files. It cannot be used to make any permanent changes to the original .far file or the point cloud data.
- Display anything that is part of a FARO Zone file, including 2D and 3D diagrams, models, bullet trajectories, blood spatter analysis, vehicle crush, measurements, and more
- If a point cloud is included with the .far file, the user is automatically prompted to open it
- Choose to view the scene in 2D or 3D mode
- View 3D scenes and animations from any position with complete control of zooms and navigation
- Play animations, fly-throughs, and walk-throughs that were saved with the FARO Zone project
- Choose which layers are displayed
- Add temporary measurements for length, angle, and area
- Print diagrams at any scale or save to a .pdf file