- Quickly turn the SCENE scan projects into a Maya project for texturing and mesh fixing.
- Utilize the projection cameras, image backplanes, and materials generated by SCAN2FX to texture a mesh (for example exported as OBJ from SCENE into Maya).
- Paint the texture from different scanned panoramas onto the mesh through Maya’s 3D painting toolset.
- Control how textures get applied and blend textures from different scans for seamless transitions e.g. when using different exposures, by utilizing the different materials SCAN2FX Exporter generates.
- Fill in gaps where no texture exists by painting onto the color channel with a clone brush through Maya’s 3D Paint toolset.
- Fill holes or re-topologize the mesh in Maya, while projecting panorama scans in real-time onto your mesh.
If you also have licensed the SCAN2FX Texture Module, the SCAN2FX Exporter (for Maya) Module will add the extra ability in SCAN2FX Texture to export the textured mesh generated straight to Maya, fully with materials and layers configured, to control how each scan’s contribution gets applied. SCAN2FX Texture computes a texture in an automatic fashion based on the different scans in SCENE, and a OBJ mesh with UV layout. SCAN2FX Exporter is focused on exporting the panoramas and camera from SCENE for projection painting. A SCAN2FX Exporter Module is also required to export photo projection cameras generated through SCAN2FX Photo Projector.
Please note that you will need a current version of Autodesk Maya to import the data generated by SCAN2FX Exporter (for Maya). The SCAN2FX Exporter (for Maya) plug-in enables the export and computation of data to allow you to easily apply the Maya functionality. The functionality of Maya is subject to change and we have no control over the toolset provided by Maya.
System Requirements and Compatibility
- FARO SCENE 2018+
- Autodesk Maya required to import the generated files
- Windows 10+
Contact email@example.com with your details to request a trial.