The SCAN2FX Exporter for Nuke allows users to export SCENE panorama scans and SCAN2FX Photo Projectors as 3D aligned cameras and projections into Nuke.
SCAN2FX Exporter for Nuke will automatically generate a node graph of 3D cameras and projections, merge the mattes, and import all the required images inside of Nuke for node-based compositing. Nuke artists can then import geometry or create geometry, and then utilize the 3D accurate projections generated by SCAN2FX for compositing work.
- Quickly turn the SCENE scan projects into a Nuke composition.
- Utilize the 3D projection generated by SCAN2FX to recreate a textured 3D environment of your scene in Nuke for VFX.
- Create geometry (e.g. cards or import meshes) in Nuke and apply the projections created by SCAN2FX as textures.
- Utilize Nuke’s node-based compositing workflow to create VFX and compositions based on your scanned environments.
- Utilize Nuke’s roto/masking tools to mask out areas, and control where which SCAN2FX projection applies.
The optional SCAN2FX Photo Projector module adds the capability for users to align photos and panoramas from other cameras (e.g. DSLR) to the 3D scene and then export them as 3D cameras and projection to Nuke (with SCAN2FX Exporter for Nuke). Users can also utilize the optional SCAN2FX Mesh Modeler module to create meshes or simplified geometry to import as OBJ into Nuke.
Please note that you will need a current version of the Foundry’s Nuke to import the data generated by SCAN2FX Exporter (for Nuke). The SCAN2FX Exporter (for Nuke) plug-in enables the export and computation of data to allow you to easily apply Nuke’s compositing tools. The functionality of Nuke is subject to change and we have no control over the toolset provided by the Foundry’s Nuke.