SCAN2FX Mesh Modeler enables users to create polygons directly on top of the point cloud to fill holes in meshes or to create a simpler representation of part of a 3D scene. SCAN2FX Mesh Modeler also allows extracting shapes of planar surfaces with a range of unique settings.
SCAN2FX Mesh Modeler also allows meshing a region of your point cloud using unique SCAN2FX algorithms to capture hard edges. The meshing toolset allows marking different regions with different settings, and batch meshing them during export.
SCAN2FX Mesh Modeler also has capabilities to extract or place primitives such as boxes, cylinders, spheres or planes, place locators and extract particle systems.
- Create polygons on the point cloud to fill holes in scans or create simplified geometry.
- Move vertices into areas without point cloud.
- Extrude and bridge polygons.
- Survey planar surfaces and extract the shape.
- Approximate surfaces and assume straight corners e.g. to fill in walls with parts missing in the scan data.
- Extract boxes based on the point cloud.
- Extract or place cylinders e.g. for railings or poles.
- Extract spheres based on the point cloud.
- Compute a fitting plane e.g. to establish a ground plane.
- Extract and sample particle systems for special effects.
- Place locators as reference points.
- Export resulting data as Wavefront OBJ.
- With SCAN2FX Exporter for Maya: export faces, certain primitives, locators, and particle systems as native Maya objects
Note: For native Maya export (instead of just OBJ), users will also need the SCAN2FX Exporter for Maya module.